Meet Marlo Oaks
Marlo is a husband, father, and the current Utah State Treasurer.
Marlo spent 17 years managing institutional portfolios at Farmers Insurance ($24 billion) and then at Intermountain Healthcare ($7.5 billion) where he also oversaw the Treasury function. He completed a Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BYU), an MBA (UCLA Anderson), and holds the CFA and CAIA investment designations.
Strengthening Utah’s Triple-AAA credit rating
Defending Utah’s economy
Championing Economic Freedom and Self-sufficiency
Don’t Let them use your money
to fight your values
Connect with Marlo
- Current Utah State Treasurer
- Oversaw managers, conducted diligence on new investments, and evaluated and reported on performance
- Created and implemented strategic asset allocation, including leading manager searches
- Monitored compliance and regularly updated investment policy and investment guidelines
- Top 10% funded status performance among corporate pension plans (11.6% higher than median plan), 2008
- Prepared and presented investment committee and board reports and recommendations
- Developed credit risk management system that indicated potential problems in the housing market in 2007